Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How do I do it....






Recently the question was asked of me...The only thing I said was because I have to! This question en particularx was how do I go shopping with 2 kids by myself. Answer because I have to. I have no family to watch them and I can't afford to pay a baby sitter just so I can go shopping lol. Then today I was asked mind you it is only 8:23 am here and I have all ready been asked how I do it. I am taking my kids to Stroller Strides then to the Zoo. My friend asked how I do it...saying she would need a week of recovery after watching 4 kids by herself for 4 days...but not me oh no The first day I don't have 4 kids I am out shopping and the next day the Zoo. lol It has never occurred to me to slow down or stay at home. I don't like sitting at home when I could be out walking around being active and in the sunny So Cal sun. My mother in law has asked me several times how I do it saying I always seem to be going some where or doing something and she is right. I AM! My husband and I when we moved here or really when we decided to have kids decided they would have a very active life and see things we never saw and do things we never got to do. We have lived up to this I think without even realizing it. My kids have seen The white house in Washington, waterfalls in the hills of Tennessee and the grand canyon and the hang gliders up off the cliffs of La Jolla and driven up the coast to the Santa Monica Pier! We are constantly going, constantly exploring and constantly showing them the other things life has to offer. I feel very proud when people ask me how I do it because it means I am exceeding in mine and my wonderful husbands goal!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I asked how you go shopping. I hate shopping with Lyndley and you do it with TWO kids! I also havent been alone since Lyndley could walk and do things on her own, so when Mike leaves very very soon, I hope I can cope enough to take Lyndley to all kinds of places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how people can ask that question. I've gotten it before with my two kids when Jay is out at sea and the only answer you can say is, because I have to. It may not always be easy, but it is something that we do as Navy wives.

    ReplyDelete